January 16, 2012

Golden Globes 2012: Top 10 Best Dresses

Ranked from number one favorite to tenth, here is my opinion on the ten best dresses at this year's Golden Globes. I was elated to see the influx of nude and blush dresses. Blush is my favorite hue. I love its delicate, feminine, versatile, and universally flattering abilities.

Photobucket

Charlize Theron in Dior Couture, Cartier jewels and Givenchy heels. I am so in love with this ensemble! Not only is Charlize drop dead gorgeous but she takes on the most tasteful princess attire. All the little details, such as the glitter headband, make Theron number one on my list.

Photobucket

Shaliene Woodley in Marchesa. The draping, metallic threading and strapless silhouette remind me of a dreamy ice queen.

Photobucket

Rooney Mara in Nina Ricci and Fred Leighton jewels. Such a stunner! Rooney Mara in one of the few black dresses of the evening. I love the minimalistic approach with the surprise cutout detailing that demands a second glance.

Photobucket

Sarah Hyland in vintage Dolce & Gabbana. I admire this dress because of detail. The nude lace overlay and black lace waist sash exude the perfect dose of vintage excellence.

Photobucket

Kate Beckinsale in Roberto Cavalli. I really enjoy the silver beaded detailing that continues all the way down to the cascading, waterfall-esque, hemline.

Photobucket

Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace. Along with her lovely beau Brad Pitt, Angelina manages to maintain her natural elegance and strong persona with a structured dress with a few twists, such as the pop of red detailing along the neckline.

Photobucket

Heidi Klum in Calvin Klein. I was not quiet sure weather I wanted to include this dress as it reminds me too much of Emma Stone's dress at the Golden Globes last year, but I was drawn to the minimalism and stunning draped back.

Photobucket

Emma Stone in Lavin. Speaking of Emma Stone, this woman can do no wrong with her choices in fashion. I love the berry and magenta color-blocked chiffon dress accessorized with the Eagle belt.

Photobucket

Elle MacPherson in Zac Posen and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry. I must admit I did not know much about Elle prior to seeing this number on the red carpet. However, I was so entranced by the art of this dress. It is visually intriguing as the mermaid tail grows into tulle.

Photobucket

Jessica Alba in Gucci, Giuseppe Zanotti heels, Vivier bag, and Bulgari jewelry. Last but not least, Jessica stuns in a lavender gown with cluster beads cascading like water. I like the unique twist of the train.

Images courtesy Yahoo, MTV, Popsugar

Who did you think was the best dressed? Let me know in the comments

49 comments:

  1. Angelina jolie's dress was just SO simple and breathtaking gahhhh! Not over it, hah :)

    xx,
    Ellen
    http://www.mintgreensubmarine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment,would love you to follow my blog if u like? thanks for sharing these photos
    http://mwanwan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. for my the best was angelina jolie. nobody like her. but i also like this time Sarah Hyland.
    kisses
    fran

    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh I love all of those dresses! i think i like heidi klums look most. she looks STUNNING in that simple nude dress, love the colour of it and the turqoise necklace makes the look flawlessly perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great picks here. I love them all my favorite must be Charlizes.


    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right about heidi- I thought that too...

    at least it wasn't a complete reapeat, just similar LOL!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, go charlize for #1! :-)

    mindofmr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you so much for your comment on my blog!!!^^
    i love Angelina´s outfit ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. heidi klum and jessica alba!beautiful, mila kunis had wonderful dress too :)

    M from

    http://bananaandmandarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree with your comment about Heidi Klum! The dress is almost identical to Emma Stone's. I think Charlize Theron's headband was fab but Jessica Alba topped my list.

    ENTER MY NEW GIVEAWAY-

    www.alifeinthefashionlane.blogspot.com

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing post! your a true inspiration!
    Amelia xxx
    http://wearableartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. seriously, isn't charlize theron is so beautiful in her dress? angelina jolie seems so elegant indeed. lovely blog!
    xxx,
    Betül
    Ballad of Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dresses of Emma Stone and Kate Beckinsale :)

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I posted a lot of these looks too! Everyone looks amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. a lot of people didn't like charlize theron's dress, but i loved it!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charlize for sure! she looked gorgeous!!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved Sofia Vergara, but who didn't. Hated Michelle William's dress for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heidi Klum looked fantastic but Helen Mirren was best dressed I thought! She looked so elegant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. it's so dreamy ! love every single dress !

    Kisses
    Hannah

    Elegantesque Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely love the Marchesa one! Beautiful :)
    awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Elle's one!

    If you want take a look at my blog: Frames
    If you like it, we can follow each other!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. everyone looked so beautiful!!! i especially loved jessica albas! i cant believe she had a baby not too long ago! :P

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for the sweet comment! I love the looks by emma stone and charlize theron, I've seen her in person and she is incredibly beautiful, it's really not fair lol.

    mango

    mangotatoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. very nice outfits. great blog, i follow you. follow me back?

    <3 Anja

    http://anjasfashionblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved this post!! my fav where angelina and emma stone, they where a little more edgy, there was sooo much pastels!!!
    xxx
    www.bohemianbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these women!! Gorgeous!! xoxo
    http://www.hellohellofriday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. love charlize theron... she's always flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My favorite of these is Charlize Theoron! Though, Brad and Angelina look amazing as well!

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was obsessed with Rooney Mara's dress... I thought she looked absolutely stunning. What a gorgeous girl! Love watching the GG's and seeing all the pretty dresses I wish I could wear :) Great top 10 here!

    Thanks for visiting... would love a follow! Now following you :)

    http://www.confessionsoftheglitterati.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay! Thanks for posting these. I didn't get to watch the Golden Globes, so I didn't get to see any outfits. Also, I've read through several blogs today and didn't see any coverage of it!

    I really like Angelina, but I LOVE the vintage Dolce and Gabbana. <3

    Love & Cake,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh yes, Emma Stone got it right as always! I fell in love with Jessica Alba's dress as well. Claire Danes also had me on edge but it just wasn't quite enough to make me tumble over.

    Lovely blog you have here :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Everyone's posting about this! WHOAAAAA :D

    CROP.CRIP.CROP

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh i agree. i adore all of these dresses SO much.
    except angelina jolie.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Angelina and charlize were my top picks! Great post!

    x Alexa

    http://brightandsassy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I loved Rooney Mara and Claire Danes!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Charlize! <3 Loved Evan Rachael Wood's dress, although I didn't like her in it so much.

    Hope you have a lovely day!

    Kelly x

    www.littlebirdbelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love this post! Just love the dress Emma Stone is wearing!

    xo Simone

    http://allthislittledetails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. so pretty

    www.pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. That dress Heidi in is so gorgeous! I want it!

    http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Completely agree with your choices, those are definitely the dresses of the night!


    http://placequotehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love Charlize Theron and Heidi Klum's look!

    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hey !
    I think Emma Stone was the best dressed, she look so beautiful in Lanvin :)
    Ps: I would get the inspiration tattoo on my wrist, it's the cutest thing ever !

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  43. Heidi Klum and Angelina Jolie were my favourites.

    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Kate Beckinsale's dress is incredible
    Follow each other ? :)

    ReplyDelete