August 29, 2010

The Emmys Best Dressed 2010

Award shows are my absolute favorite events to watch on television! The main part I look forward too though is seeing who wears what of course! I don't really even know half the shows or movies that they talk about. This year on the red carpet the biggest trends were navy and embellishments. This wasn't particularly my favorite selection of dresses but it wasn't the worst. Personally, I preferred the more simpler gowns. Don't kill me, but I didn't love Lea Michele's dress! Anyway, here are some that I did like...

Claire Dance Hugh Dancy in an Armani Prive champagne colored dress with embellishments all over. This was most likely my favorite look of the night. If you haven't noticed by now I look all that glitters! Overall this look is just classy.

I'm not going to pretend like I ever heard of Eva Sarandon or her mother, Susan Saradon, but I fell in love with her dress! It reminds me of the prom dress I always dreamed about. I think light pink looks so good on blondes!

Nina Dobrev looked absolutely stunning in a Zuhair Murad gown! It was so flattering and classic, but I just wish that I could cut off the ruffling material on the left hip. I'll get over myself though because she looks exquisite!

Glee's Jayma Mays dons a Burberry gown with Jimmy Choo "Zena" platforms. Jayma was my favorite navy gown of the night. The cut was flattering and the material wasn't over the tip. Kudos!

Maria Menunos follows the embellishment trend in a Ralph & Russo dress with Jimmy Choo "Kenzie" heels. I loved the back!

Last but certainly not least, Heidi Klum in a Marchesa dress and Lorraine Schwartz jewelry! She just never fails to be fabulous! I mean look at those gams!

What do you think of these red carpet hits? Love them or hate them? Leave a comment letting me know!

18 comments:

  1. cute!
    i missed the emmys :/
    but i love these looks i need to see more of the carpet looks... i don't really care for the awards... BUT GO GLEE.. i think they won a few

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the emmys?! sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS thanks for checking out my blog! and the same goes for you about subscribing ;) lol http://cosmeticconvulsion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the outfits!
    I wish I had a reason to get completely over-dressed!

    xx Black Adder Fashion
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/1840556/black-adder-fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of them but heidi klum's dress by marchesa is gorgeous, however anything marchesa does is gorgeous ;)! I've followed you, great blog :) a follow back maybe? Aly xx


    faith-in-fashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love eva sarandon and nina dobrev's dresses! they're simply stunning and not overdone, like so many other dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dresses !
    I just can't choose which one I like most ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. me too, i don't know even know what those shows are. but i definitely enjoyed the fashion.
    my most fave is Nina Doberev in Zuhair Murad.
    I am so very impressed with Murad. I am falling in love with his designs so much now.

    http://thyaudaciousness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of them are gorgeous, I loved how Jayma went with a navy instead of a more conventional Emmy color.

    http://www.girlyfemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I really like Heidis dress.. :)
    cute blog (:



    http://hairspraydenim.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nina Dobrev is one of my favorites & I love that Heidi Klum opted for a short dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great gowns! i especially love the ones in the first and last photos! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nina Dobrev and Heidi Klum looked beyond amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely agree! Nina dobrev and heidi look amazing! http://fashionispassion-vera.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eva Sarandon's dress is so pretty! woww. and Heidi always look great, nice picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Claire Danes was my favorite of the night, I think Anna Paquin got a lot of critique for her McQueen dress but I like that she tried something different.

    ReplyDelete